Experienced Attorneys Handle Aviation Transportation Accidents
Providing help with personal injury cases
Airplanes are enormous pieces of equipment, and people operating them must be extremely careful to protect workers and passengers. If they don’t, an accident causing serious injury or wrongful death may result. If you know someone who has suffered injuries or died as a result of an aviation or railroad accident, speak with the experienced attorneys at Ward & Ward in Indianapolis today. We know what it takes to move ahead with a lawsuit against the parties responsible for your accident.
The various causes of aviation accidents
When you use public modes of transportation to get around, including airplanes, you place your trust in the airline, the pilot and staff. Aviation accidents, although somewhat rare, are still a legitimate risk with a number of contributing factors. The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) thoroughly investigates fatal and nonfatal aviation accidents and has found that the following tend to be the most common causes:
- Weather conditions. Although pilots are trained to handle all types of weather, unexpected changes in conditions may require emergency action. Failure to prepare for these issues risks the well-being of passengers.
- Violent turbulence. Pilots sometimes have difficulty predicting when turbulence will occur, which could cause some smaller airplanes to lose control.
- Runway errors. Poor conditions or other issues on runways mean that pilots sometimes need to make quick decisions. If the airport fails to properly maintain runways for safe arrivals and departures, it could be liable for any personal injuries that occur.
- Pilot errors. Airplane pilots are very well trained, but their unusual hours and the pressures of their jobs can lead to mistakes. If a pilot should have been able to avoid an error and an accident results, the pilot or airline may be held accountable.
- Mechanical errors. When a plane is at the terminal, airline staff must thoroughly inspect it to prevent any malfunctions when the aircraft is in the sky. If they fail to do so or equipment fails during a flight, the consequences could be very serious for passengers.
Whether your accident occurred on a train or airplane, it’s important to work with an experienced injury lawyer to explore your options for seeking compensation. The team at Ward & Ward can help with this process.
Call an experienced Indianapolis lawyer right away
For more information about how you can seek compensation after an aviation or railroad accident, speak with the skilled legal team at Ward & Ward in Indianapolis. We offer free initial consultations and are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week in case of emergency situations. Call us today at 317-639-9501 or contact us online.Ward & Ward Law Firm 728 S Meridian St Indianapolis, IN 46225 317-639-9501 888-639-9501