How to increase your settlement or jury award after an accident
The steps you take immediately following an accident will help you and your attorney achieve the best possible results from your personal injury settlement or trial. When you hire a lawyer, he or she will thoroughly investigate the facts of the accident based upon the information you are able to provide as follows:
- Obtain an accident report from the police or sheriff within the jurisdiction where the accident occurred;
- Obtain eye witness information: name, phone number and address, if possible;
- Take photos of all vehicles at the scene of the accident;
- Get medical treatment and follow-up on your doctor’s treatment plan;
- Do not give a statement to the other driver’s insurance company without your lawyer’s knowledge and/or presence.
In many cases, a private investigator may be employed by your attorney to further delve into the details of the accident, particularly when there is a question of liability. But the information listed above will give everyone involved in your case a good start on the facts and provide some very necessary information.
Experienced personal injury lawyers
If you, or someone you know, has been injured or killed in an accident caused by another person’s negligence, give the Indianapolis, IN auto accident lawyer Charlie Ward of Ward & Ward Law Firm a call today at 317-639-9501 to discuss the facts and obtain a free evaluation of your claim.
By Charlie WardWard & Ward Law Firm 728 S Meridian St Indianapolis, IN 46225 317-639-9501