Indianapolis Indiana car accident lawyers and auto accident attorneys representing people injured by negligent drivers
Taking the burden from you after a serious auto accident
Getting into an auto accident is a frightening and stressful experience. Dealing with negligent drivers who refuse to admit fault or insurance companies that fail to provide you with good customer service and inadequate compensation for your injuries makes matters worse.
If you are facing these challenges, reach out to the skilled car accident lawyers in Indianapolis at Ward & Ward Law Firm. Our firm’s team understand your struggles and we work hard to be responsive to your needs at all times. Together, we pursue the compensation you need and deserve for medical bills, rehabilitation, lost wages and pain and suffering.
Determining the exact cause of an accident
After a car accident, seek medical attention immediately if necessary, take pictures of the damage and collect insurance information from the other driver as well as contact information from any witnesses. Then, secure the assistance of Indianapolis car accident lawyers, Charlie and Don Ward, to begin the investigation before any spoliation of evidence. Determining the exact cause of the accident is critical to the pursuit of compensation from negligent parties or their insurance companies.
In many cases, car crashes are the result of traffic violations, the most common of which are the following:
- Failure to yield. A driver does not make a full stop at a stop sign or red light or runs through an unmarked intersection.
- Exceeding the speed limit. Posted speed limits are there for a reason — to tell drivers the safe speed of travel. Motorists should not exceed these limits.
- Driving while intoxicated. People who are under the influence of drugs or alcohol do not have the same reaction times as sober drivers. This makes an accident much more likely to occur.
- Distracted driving. Motorists have an obligation to pay attention to the road and avoid the use of cell phones and other mobile devices when driving. They should not adjust car stereos or take their eyes off the road while their vehicles are in motion, as this constitutes distracted driving.
Rules to follow after and Indiana car accident
- Do not discuss the accident with anyone but your attorney, as doing so could impact your ability to collect damages.
- Refrain from using any kind of social media, including Twitter and Facebook; The Indiana Court of Appeals in Wilson v. Indiana, addressed tweets, stating they may be used in Indiana courts as evidence.
- Do not delete any postings you have made on social media accounts.
- You should also refuse any settlement offers before consulting with your lawyer.
Let your car accident lawyers work with uninsured or underinsured motorists
Indiana requires all drivers to carry automotive insurance, but not all drivers obey this law. Not only is this illegal, but it also causes a great deal of stress for people involved in an accident with underinsured or uninsured motorists. Fortunately, your auto insurance policy should include uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, providing you with compensation to cover the costs associated with injuries or property damage. This is true even if the other driver has insurance, but the damages owed to you exceed the policy’s limits.
Financial protection after a car crash
Depending on the circumstances of the accident, Indiana auto policy protection typically includes coverage for medical expenses, lost wages and property damage to vehicles. However, if the accident was the fault of another driver, the amount of compensation you receive depends on that person’s insurance policy. Because insurers aim to minimize how much they pay accident victims, they sometimes try to mislead injured people regarding what constitutes a fair payment. Our car accident lawyers know the strategies used to minimize or deny payment and can help you pursue the compensation you need and deserve to recover damages for your personal injury.
💡 If you are the passenger of a vehicle involved in an accident
If you were hurt in an accident while you were riding as a passenger in a vehicle, our firm can help you obtain the compensation you deserve for your injuries. Learn more here:
Speak with knowledgeable and experienced car accident lawyers in Indianapolis
After an auto accident that causes injury to you or a loved one, do not hesitate to seek reliable legal counsel. Set up a free initial consultation with the personal injury attorneys at Ward & Ward Law Firm today by calling 317-639-9501 or by contacting us online.Charlie Ward (317) 639-9501 or (888) 639-9501 Ward & Ward Law Firm 728 S Meridian St Indianapolis, IN 46225