Should I Hire an Experienced Indianapolis, IN Personal Injury Lawyer to Represent Me in My Accident Claim?

What are the odds that you will need an experienced Indianapolis IN personal injury lawyer?

cervical and spine injuries require an experienced Indianapolis IN personal injury lawyer
Paramedic placing a cervical collar to an injured man from car accident

Experienced Indianapolis IN personal injury lawyer, Charlie Ward, explains that the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is a governmental agency that keeps statistics on police-reported automobile, truck, motorcycle, pedal cycle, and pedestrian crashes. The state-by-state analyses break down by age groups, male/female, distracted drivers, elements of intoxication, and a number of significant other variables.

Statistics published by NHTSA showed accident fatalities decreased in 2019 by 2 percent. But fatalities rose 7.2 percent in 2020 when many people quarantined or worked from home. Yet, the Insurance Information Institute estimates that on average, drivers will experience a motor vehicle accident approximately every 18 years. And while you may be a prudent and cautious driver, you have little to no control over the errors made by other drivers. For example, a reckless driver who fails to yield the right-of-way may cause catastrophic injuries and other losses by their negligence.

If you were the injured passenger or driver would you know how to proceed?


Seek medical attention before you call an experienced Indiana personal injury lawyer

Experience has shown that a post-accident rush of adrenalin may mask injuries when a vehicle collides with another. Charlie Ward, an experienced Indiana personal injury lawyer of Ward & Ward Law Firm recommends that you seek the medical attention and diagnosis of a physician immediately following an Indiana collision. This is the most important initial action you can take, especially if an accident claim should materialize down the road.  An ER visit to the hospital may provide x-rays, CT scans and/or MRIs to evaluate such injuries as internal bleeding, fractured or broken bones, disk ruptures, and a number of other internal injuries not immediately apparent.

Soft tissue injuries may not be noticed straight away. An injured driver usually detects a whiplash injury within 24 hours after the accident. However, should pain present within 72 hours, you may have a soft tissue injury. First responders usually suggest a trip to the ER or a visit with your personal physician. Symptoms may include muscle pain, stiffness, and headaches. Your personal physician may recommend treatment, including physical therapy, or give you a referral to a specialist. Report pain or numbness in the extremities right away as this could indicate a spinal injury. For your own health and the success of a possible personal injury claim, you would be well-advised to follow through with his or her plan for treatment.


Do I need to hire a lawyer to represent my interests?

This would depend upon the extent of your injuries and the facts of the claim. If property damage is your only concern, submit your claim directly to the insurance company.

However, if you experience physical injuries caused by the negligence of another driver, you should call an experienced Indianapolis, IN personal injury lawyer as soon as possible to protect your interests in a claim for damages.


How do I find an experienced personal injury lawyer near me?

Many referrals to personal injury attorneys happen through internet searches. Perhaps you have seen a name on a bus, a billboard or even in a video advertisement. Yet, is hard to know which law firm will best represent you. Before placing your call for a free legal consultation, read the firm’s online reviews. Do they resonate with you? Legitimate reviews are an awesome way to get feedback from others who once stood in your shoes.

If you have been injured in an accident through no fault of your own, you need a legal advocate. One who will realistically assess your claim and has the necessary skills, reputation, and resources to maximize your lawsuit. Don and Charlie Ward of Ward & Ward Law Firm have more than 95 years of combined experience representing injured victims of vehicular accident claims, job accident claims, product liability claims, wrongful death claims, medical malpractice, and nursing home negligence claims. Check out our Google client reviews and call attorney Charlie Ward today at (317) 639-9501. Our consultations are free of charge and without any obligation.