Truck Accident Lawyer Indianapolis, IN
If you or a loved one has been involved or injured in a commercial truck accident, it may be in your best interest to contact a skilled tractor trailer accident lawyer Indianapolis, IN trusts from Ward & Ward Law Firm defend your case. Truck accidents can lead to serious injuries and you deserve proper compensation for your losses and damages. We are available for help answer any questions you may have or provide a free consultation, however, below is a list of questions we have answered to help you right away.
What is considered a commercial truck?
A commercial truck, also known as a “big rig” or a “semi-truck,” is a large vehicle used for the purpose of transporting commercial goods. These types of trucks require the driver to obtain a commercial driver’s license in order for it to be operated. Some examples of a commercial truck include:
- Tanker trucks
- Tractor trailers
- Cement trucks
- Delivery vehicles
- Other large freight trucks
What are the first steps I should take after being involved or injured in a commercial truck accident?
Here is a list of 3 steps you should take directly following commercial truck accident:
- Seek medical attention as quickly as possible. Your health and the health of any passengers is the top priority. The extent of your injuries can help determine what further legal actions will take place.
- If able, call the police to document the accident. It is also helpful to collect contact information from all parties involved and any witnesses that may be there. In some collisions, the injuries may be too severe to make the phone call, others witnessing the accident will most likely contact the authorities.
- If possible, write down as many details as you can leading up to the accident while it is still fresh in your mind. Take these notes with you to your meeting with a Indianapolis, IN tractor trailer accident lawyer.
Once you are safe and have received the proper care for your injuries, your next step should be contacting a tractor trailer accident lawyer in Indianapolis, IN you can trust from Ward & Ward Law Firm. There are a lot of stresses that can come along with filing a claim or a lawsuit and during this time you need to focus on your health. Allow us to handle the legal aspects and get you the compensation you deserve.
What are common causes of semi-truck accidents?
Due to their large size, commercial trucks have many variables that can lead to accidents. Unlike smaller vehicles, commercial trucks cannot slow down, stop or accelerate very quickly, making them more difficult to operate. Some of the most common causes for semi-truck accidents include:
- The driver receiving inadequate training
- Oversized or overloaded trucks
- Not maintaining the brakes properly
- Driving in poor conditions such as rain, fog, or snow
- Not having proper safety systems such as lights or reflectors
- The driver acted in a negligent way
What are the damages I may be able to recover?
Our tractor trailer accident lawyers serving Indianapolis, IN have helped numerous clients obtain compensation for all damages related to the accident. These damages have included:
- Present medical expenses
- Estimated future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Lost earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
The legal team from Ward & Ward Law Firm has the experience and knowledge needed to help you win a case or lawsuit. If you have been injured by a commercial truck, call us today so a tractor trailer accident lawyer Indianapolis, IN trusts can help answer any further questions!