Autonomous Car Accident Attorneys 2022 Scholarship Award
Autonomous car accident attorneys, Charles P. Ward and Donald W. Ward, of Ward & Ward Law Firm are offering a $1,000 scholarship award to a single student.
Submissions will be accepted until November 15, 2022 and the winner will be notified by email on or before December 30, 2022.
- Student must be enrolled in a 2 or 4-year accredited university or college.
- Family members of Ward & Ward Law Firm employees are not eligible.
The application guidelines are as follows:
- Applicants must submit a 500+ word composition in response to the prompt below.
- Download the scholarship award application. [Download Here]
- Complete and sign the Scholarship Award Application.
- Email your completed Scholarship Award Application along with your essay to CPW@wardlawfirm.com . Emailed applications should contain the subject: “Ward & Ward Law Firm 2022 Scholarship.”
- Paper applications and essays can be mailed to:
Ward and Ward Law Firm 2022 Scholarship Award
728 S Meridian St
Indianapolis, IN 46225
- Essays must be received by November 15, 2022. Essays received after the deadline will not be accepted.
- After the application deadline, compositions will be reviewed and judged based on the following criteria:
- Responsiveness to the question
- Style, grammar, and accuracy
- Originality and thoughtfulness
- The persuasive nature of the arguments presented
- Use of proper footnoting and citations
The following is a fictional account of an accident caused by a self-driving vehicle.
After dinner out and a few too many drinks, an accident occurs after the owner of an autonomous vehicle (Driver A) selects autonomous mode and takes a rear passenger seat for the drive home.
The other driver (Driver B) suffers serious, life-threatening injuries after Driver A’s self-driving vehicle fails to slow while approaching a stop sign, rear-ending Driver B’s stopped vehicle at full speed.
Driver B is air-lifted to a trauma center and faces a lifetime of medical bills and surgeries.
Who should be held responsible for Driver B’s injuries caused by Driver A?