2023 Ward & Ward Personal Injury Lawyers Community Activist Scholarship – Deadline December 31, 2023
Welcome to our 2023 Ward & Ward Law Firm Community Activist Scholarship Award page.
At Ward & Ward Law Firm, our motto is, “We protect our clients from the unknown.” Our legal team is dedicated to making sure our injured clients receive the compensation and benefits that will cover their expenses and losses for both the present and the future if their injuries leave them with long-term or chronic issues. Our personal injury attorneys have spent decades fighting for clients who are unable to fight for themselves.
We have successfully represented countless numbers of accident victims in the Indianapolis, IN area who suffered serious injuries due to the negligent and reckless acts of others. Our attorneys negotiated personal injury insurance settlements and obtained jury awards for victims of vehicle accidents, medical malpractice, railroad accidents, asbestos litigation, wrongful death actions, and more.
In keeping with our firm’s dedication to advocating for accident victims and our commitment to the local communities we serve, we are very proud to announce the Ward & Ward Law Firm Community Activist Scholarship.
This scholarship is open to any student who is currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate, graduate, or professional program. This includes accredited community college students as well as, high school seniors and students who possess a GED and who have been accepted to or are enrolled in an accredited program.
The scholarship applicant should demonstrate a strong interest in the legal industry, journalism, and/or supporting free speech. All eligible candidates must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 or above.
Friends and family members of Ward & Ward Law Firm employees are not eligible.
Community Activist Scholarship Amount
$1,000 to a single, qualifying student.
Answer the following prompts in an essay of 1,000 words or less:
Briefly describe your goals, and how this scholarship would assist in your education and future goals. Explain in what ways will your education and degree allow you to give back to your community.
The application guidelines are as follows:
- Applicants must submit a composition not greater than 1000 words via email in a PDF format, or by postal mail in response to the prompt above.
- Download, complete, sign, and date the scholarship award application. [Download Here]
- Email your Scholarship Award Application along with a current transcript and your essay, all documents to be in PDF format only, to CPW@WardLawFirm.com . Your email must contain the subject: “Ward & Ward Law Firm 2023 Scholarship.”
- Note: All documents must be emailed in PDF format (Adobe Acrobat). Documents received in any other format including, but not limited to MS Word and Google Docs will not be accepted. Your documents may be scanned as PDF files or “Saved As” in a PDF format within a word processing program.
- Paper applications, transcripts, and essays will be accepted if mailed via postal service to:
Ward and Ward Law Firm 2023 Scholarship Award
728 S Meridian St
Indianapolis, IN 46225
- Essays must be received by December 31, 2023. Essays received after the deadline will not be accepted.
How Community Activist Scholarship Essays are Judged
After the application deadline, Community Activist Scholarship compositions will be reviewed and judged based on the following criteria:
- Responsiveness to the question
- Style, grammar, and accuracy
- Originality and thoughtfulness
- Use of proper footnoting and citations