Indianapolis Head & Spinal Injury Attorneys
Legal help after devastating accidents
Head and spinal cord injuries are always serious and often permanent. If you or a loved one suffers an accident resulting in these injuries, experienced legal help from an injury attorney is vital for gaining compensation needed for a lifetime of care.
Charles and Donald Ward are Indianapolis lawyers with years of experience investigating and evaluating car accidents that cause these disabling head and spinal injuries.
Traumatic brain injury (TBI) is an acquired brain injury caused by sudden trauma to the brain in the form of shaking, force, or penetration. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), approximately 1.7 million people suffer TBI annually. Leading causes of TBI include the following:
- Vehicle accidents
- Accidental blows or strikes to the head from outside impact
In recent years, incidents of TBI have risen among active duty military personnel in war zones injured by the detonation of explosive devices.
TBI can take different forms, including the following:
- Mild: Mild TBI or concussions, account for the majority of TBI cases in the United States each year. Symptoms of mild TBI may include loss of consciousness for a few seconds, minutes or not at all. Headache, vision difficulties, concentration and memory issues are among other symptoms of mild TBI.
- Moderate: Moderate symptoms of TBI can be a worsening of mild symptoms plus difficulty sleeping or persistent drowsiness, slurred speech, personality changes, and other symptoms.
- Severe: Symptoms of severe TBI are worse yet and may include agitation, profound confusion, convulsions, seizures, loss of bowel and bladder control, persistent vegetative state or other symptoms.
Spinal cord injuries
According to the CDC, approximately 15,000 new cases of spinal cord injury (SCI) are suffered in the United States each year. SCI occurs when the whitish cord of nerve material extending from the base of the brain down the spinal column is traumatized, penetrated, or sheared in an accident. Leading causes of SCI include the following:
- Car, motorcycle and truck accidents
- Falls and pedestrian injuries
- Sports injuries
- Injuries from acts of violence
SCI can be tragically disabling, resulting in paralysis, numbing, or loss of motor ability below the injury site.
Any spinal or head injury is a medical emergency requiring extensive medical care, rehabilitation, and adjustment to a different quality of life and living circumstances. If you suffer these personal injuries, understanding your legal rights and long-term financial needs is imperative. It is also important to reach out to a skilled law firm as soon as possible.
Contact a reliable Indianapolis legal team today
To discuss your head or spinal injury with a knowledgeable attorney, contact Ward & Ward online or at 317-639-9501. We offer free initial consultations and are available to speak with you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.Ward & Ward Law Firm 728 S Meridian St Indianapolis, IN 46225 317-639-9501 888-639-9501