Indianapolis Auto Accident Law Firm
If you were hurt in a car accident caused by another driver, you should consult a car accident lawyer Indianapolis, IN residents trust. You may be entitled to receive compensation. A lawyer can help you file a claim and obtain the justice you deserve for your suffering.
Common Causes of Auto Accidents
While some auto accidents are due to bad weather and poor road conditions, the majority of them are caused by driver error. Here are some of the most common causes of auto accidents:
- Speeding: Many people drive above the speed limit because they’re running late to work or another important place. Unfortunately, driving at very high speeds can cause drivers to lose control of their vehicle if an unexpected situation occurs on the road. Speeding becomes especially dangerous when it’s raining or snowing outside.
- Distracted Driving: From smartphones to eating, drivers are tempted by more disractions than ever nowadays. Any activity that takes their attention or eyes off the road increases the risk of an accident. To reduce the risk of collisions, drivers should always keep their focus and eyes on the road. If they receive a text message or call, they should wait until they pull over to a safe spot to answer it.
- Drunk Driving: The risks of driving while drunk are well-known, but some drivers still get behind the wheel impaired. Excessive alcohol can lower a driver’s reaction time and decision making skills, increasing the risk of an accident. If you believe you see a drunk driver, contact authorities immediately.
- Tailgating: Tailgating is one of the most common causes of rear-end accidents. When a driver follows the vehicle in front of them too closely, they are less prepared to react quickly when necessary. To minimize the risk of accidents, drivers should leave several car lengths between them and the vehicle in front of them.
- Reckless Driving: Reckless driving occurs when a driver has a complete disregard for the safety of others on the road. They may speed excessively, run red lights and even drive in the wrong direction.
What Can an Auto Accident Lawyer Do for Me?
When you’re recovering from a vehicle accident, the thought of filing an accident claim seems overwhelming. That’s why it’s important to have an auto accident lawyer in Indianapolis, IN on your side. He or she will investigate your claim and improve your chances of obtaining maximum compensation. Your lawyer will help you gather necessary evidence, identify key witnesses, negotiate with the insurance company and handle all the paperwork. If necessary, your lawyer will represent you at trial.
If you were injured in an auto accident, you should schedule a free consultation with an auto accident lawyer in Indianapolis, IN at Ward & Ward Law Firm as soon as possible.
Auto Accident Lawyers in Indianapolis, IN
The recovery period following a life-changing accident can be long and grueling, as auto accident lawyers in Indianapolis, IN know too well. The consequences of an accident involve much more than the physical injuries sustained when you factor in the damages such as medical bills, missed income, vehicle costs, and general pain and suffering. A negligent driver’s actions result in repercussions that extend beyond the date of the incident. Victims should not have to be burdened by financial issues after experiencing an accident. If you have been injured in a car accident, you have the right to seek compensation against the responsible driver. Early action is necessary if you want to file a personal injury claim after being involved in an accident. Contact experienced Indianapolis, Indiana auto accident lawyers such as one from Ward & Ward Law Firm to explore options for obtaining compensation.
Auto Accident Lawyers in Indianapolis, IN
Each day, distracted or careless drivers cause accidents that result in serious injuries to victims who were in the wrong place at the wrong time. The Indiana University Public Policy Institute reported that car accidents were responsible for roughly 50,000 non-fatal injuries in 2017. At-fault drivers should not be able to get away with harming innocent victims, and should be held accountable for the part they played in an accident.
Vehicle accidents are consistently one of the most common personal injury claims that clients file. Thankfully, there are lawyers who specialize in helping victims of auto accidents. The legal team at Ward & Ward Law Firm has nine decades of litigation experience representing clients who have been involved in car accidents that caused mild to severe injuries. Their success is grounded in their belief that every client’s voice should be heard, and take pride in providing customized representation to their clients. To build your case, they will examine evidence such as reports from first responders, photographs, witness testimony, and other items to find out the best approach that yields the best possible outcome.
Determining the Cause of an Auto Accident
Some causes of auto accidents are straightforward, while other causes are more complex, especially if there are many vehicles involved. The cause of an auto accident is determined by an insurance company. They do their own investigation by evaluating evidence, police reports, and information from witnesses.
Determining Fault in an Auto Accident
The process of determining fault in an accident can be complicated. Auto accidents lawyers that Indianapolis, IN trusts would advise you not to apologize or admit fault following an accident, even if you were partially at fault. You are not obligated to share that information to anyone. During your case, it is best to have a lawyer communicate with the relevant parties on your behalf.
Legal Help is Available
Life after an auto accident may be difficult, but you can increase your chances of obtaining higher compensation and expediting your recovery with the help of an experienced lawyer. Schedule a consultation with qualified auto accident lawyers in Indianapolis, IN who can assist you with your claim today.