Hospital Accident Lawyer Indianapolis, IN
If you suffered an injury while in a hospital, you should speak to a hospital accident lawyer Indianapolis, IN residents trust. You may be entitled to compensation. A lawyer can help you pursue a timely lawsuit and protect your legal rights.
Common Types of Hospital Errors
When you go to a hospital for an illness or injury, you expect to come out feeling better. Unfortunately, however, it doesn’t always work out that way. Doctors are human too and can sometimes make mistakes. Here are the most common types of hospital errors:
- Medication Errors: Many injuries in hospitals result from medication errors. If a doctor prescribes the wrong medication or the incorrect dosage, the patient could suffer severe side effects. One of the most common medication errors is pulling drugs with a similar name off the pharmacy shelf. Another medication error is misreading the doctor’s handwriting. If the pharmacist has trouble reading the prescription, he or she may select the wrong medication.
- Infection: While hospital staff do their best to prevent infections, they can still occur in a hospital setting. As a hospital accident lawyer in Indianapolis, IN. can confirm, patients can get infections through medical instruments, veins and catheters. Common types of infections include blood infections, urinary tract infections and wound infections.
- Birth Injuries: Errors can also occur during the labor and delivery process. Doctors who are trained and knowledgeable take certain precautions during difficult births to protect the mother and the baby. If they are negligent, excessive bleeding, breech birth, prolonged labor and other complications can result.
- Surgical Errors: Surgeries are necessary to treat many different illnesses and injuries. However, if the proper precautions aren’t taken, surgical errors could result. Common types of surgical errors include operating on the wrong body part, leaving surgical instruments inside the body and performing the wrong surgery.
- Anesthesia Errors: Anesthesia is necessary to prevent patients from feeling pain during surgery. However, if it isn’t administered correctly, it can be life-threatening. Types of anesthesia errors include administering too much anesthesia, administering too little anesthesia and delaying the delivery of anesthesia.
Taking Legal Action
If you sustained an injury in the hospital, you deserve justice. It’s important to consult a medical malpractice lawyer in Indianapolis, IN. He or she can help you gather the necessary evidence, identify key witnesses and negotiate with the insurance company.
Schedule a consultation with a hospital accident lawyer in Indianapolis, IN at Ward & Ward Law Firm today.