Indianapolis Tractor Trailer Accident Lawyers
Complexities of Truck Accident Claims Require the Best Legal RepresentationIf you are injured in a tractor trailer accident in Indiana, you may feel overwhelmed and unsure about what to do. With injury and health challenges, mounting medical bills and an uncertain financial future, it may be tempting to accept the first settlement offer from the insurance company. However, as a skilled lawyer can tell you, initial offers rarely cover the full extent of losses or take into consideration any future medical needs or lost wages. It is best to speak with a local accident attorney as soon as possible to understand your rights and ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
Proving liability in an Indianapolis tractor trailer accidentUnlike car accidents, where liability is assigned to one or both drivers, tractor trailer accidents and elsewhere may have numerous parties at fault. The trucking companies and their investigators, insurance representatives, and legal team move in quickly after an accident so it is important to take action as soon as possible. At Ward & Ward, our personal injury lawyers employ advanced investigation techniques to recreate accident scenes, preserve evidence, and determine who is at fault. Those who may be held liable include the following:
- Truck driver – Drivers have a duty to follow state and federal laws regarding driving safety, allowable driving hours, mandated rest periods, and drug usage.
- Truck owner– When unsafe trucks owned by independent contractors are not properly maintained or kept up to code, owners may be liable for your injuries.
- Trucking company – The company employing the driver may be held liable for ignoring cargo load limits, truck inspection and maintenance, or pressuring drivers to ignore safety rules to save the company money.
- Maintenance facility – Maintenance companies are responsible for providing properly repaired and safe trucks.
- Loading company – Those who load the trucks may be held liable when cargo weight is over the legal limit or items are improperly loaded.
- Truck and parts manufacturers– Any business responsible for the design, manufacture, or distribution of the truck or its parts may be held liable for defective items that contribute to an accident.
How a tractor trailer accident lawyer can helpConsidering the complexities of trucking accident lawsuits, it is essential to hire a law firm with experience in federal motor safety laws and the unique knowledge of preparing a truck accident lawsuit for damages. At Ward & Ward, our legal team employs quality investigators and industry experts to establish liability and stand up to the trucking companies and insurance representatives. We understand how accidents devastate entire families and leave a lasting impact for years to come. You can trust an attorney from Ward & Ward to find all possible contributors to the accident and help ensure you receive the maximum compensation possible.
Handling your Indiana truck accident and injury casesIf you or a loved one is a victim of an Indianapolis tractor trailer accident, contact Ward & Ward to arrange a free consultation. Having a tractor trailer accident lawyer at your side ensures you receive the maximum allowable compensation for your losses. We are available to speak with you 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Charlie Wardcpw@WardLawFirm.com728 S Meridian StIndianapolis, IN 46225317-639-9501888-639-9501
"All of my interactions with Charlie Ward have been very good. He is very knowledgeable in his field of expertise. He is personable and practical in his approach to situations and issues."