Damages for Indianapolis Wrongful Death Lawyer
The wrongful death attorneys at Ward & Ward Law Firm are experienced professionals. We understand that losing a loved one as a result of someone else’s negligence, recklessness or intentional action is devastating. We know that this is a uniquely hard time for you and your family, and we are here to help navigate the court system on behalf of your family and your loved one who has been lost. Although no amount of compensation can account for the loss of your loved one, our Indianapolis, IN wrongful death lawyer team can help to ease the financial burdens associated with losing someone in this way. Consulting an Indianapolis, Indiana damages for wrongful death lawyer can also help to bring some sense of closure to the accident that took your loved one from you.
What is Wrongful Death?
Wrongful death is defined as a death that has been caused by the negligence, recklessness or intentional action of another person. There are plenty of examples of a wrongful death, including:
- Medical malpractice: whether it was from the negligence of a doctor or nurse, the usage of a defective medical device, and/or the prescribing of harmful prescriptions
- A motor vehicle accident where there is proof the other driver was driving under the influence or driving erratically
- Workplace deaths
- Construction site deaths
- Nursing home deaths
- Deaths due to violence
- Deaths because of improperly labeled products
It is imperative that you file a wrongful death claim as soon as possible. Each state has a specific statute of limitations for when you can file, so do not hesitate to start the process. Our Indianapolis, IN damages for wrongful death lawyer team can help.
Who Can File a Claim?
Again, it depends on the state laws, but generally those who are able to file a wrongful death claim are:
- The spouse of the deceased
- The children of the deceased
- The parents of the deceased if they do not have a spouse or any children
- The siblings of the deceased if they do not have any living parents or descendants.
- Anyone named as a heir or a heiress on the deceased’s estate
Getting the Damages You Deserve
It can be a bit confusing to understand all about the different damages you and your family may be entitled to, which is why it is always best to work with a trusted Indianapolis, IN damages for wrongful death lawyer. Your eligible financial compensation is based on variety of factors including the deceased’s age, quality of life, life expectancy, if they live a healthy lifestyle (such as smoking or drinking heavily), and their health at the time of death.
An experienced Indianapolis, IN damages for wrongful death lawyer can help you seek a settlement to be put towards:
- The amount of financial support the deceased would have provided if they lived
- Any of the deceased’s medical bills before their death
- Funeral and burial arrangements
- Loss of emotional support and care by the deceased
- Punitive damages
- Lost wages and loss of the deceased’s potential earnings
- Mental grief and anguish
- Loss of any benefits the deceased would have provided, such as medical, dental, and any payments towards a life insurance policy
You and your family deserve personal attention every step of the way. Our experienced lawyers will be your family’s legal advocates and help you obtain all the financial compensation you are entitled to under the circumstances. We look forward to speaking with you.