At Least 1 in 7 Traffic Accident Fatalities in Indiana Involve 1 Large Truck
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has recently released their publication entitled Traffic Safety Facts Indiana 2008-2012. This publication offers the raw data statistics on the state of the State of Indiana’s road crash fatalities. Following are some of the grim statistics for 2012:
- 29% of all fatal crashes involved a driver with a .08+ Blood Alcohol Content (BAC)
- 53% of crash fatalities age 5 and over were known to be restrained
- 10% of all Indiana road fatalities occurred in Marion County; Lake County was next at 5%
- There were 152 motorcycle fatalities; 30 of the fatalities were helmeted — 116 were not wearing a helmet. 77% of motorcycle fatalities were not wearing a helmet.
- Motorcycle fatalities made up 20% of all fatally injured crash victims—1 in 5 fatalities
- .02% of motorcycle fatalities involve a person under the age of 20; the age group that has the highest number of fatal injuries at 25% is age group 50-59
- 24% of all crash fatalities involved a driver exceeding the speed limit
- 1 in approximately every 7 crash fatalities involved at least one large truck
Ward & Ward Law Firm has over 85 years of combined experience in personal injury law including accident and wrongful death claims. We urge you to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney in Indianapolis, IN— wrongful death attorney as soon as possible and before the statute of limitations runs out. Our firm receives no legal fees or expenses unless we collect damages on your behalf. Call Charlie Ward today at 317-639-9501 for a free evaluation of your claim. Our attorneys are available to speak with you.