Free Consultation: 317-639-9501 - Live Call Answering 24/7

Personal Injury FAQs – Indianapolis, IN

Personal Injury FAQs

Frequently Asked Questions about Indiana Personal Injury Cases

Personal Injury FAQs

Anyone who suffers injuries in an accident in Indianapolis or elsewhere in Indiana knows the stress and confusion that accompanies the pain. However when other parties have full or partial liability for injuries, victims also face potentially complex legal situations. The personal injury attorneys in Indianapolis, IN at Ward & Ward Law Firm often hear the following questions:

Contact an experienced injury attorney for a free consultation

In most cases, though not all, the Indiana statute of limitations for personal injury claims provides two years to file a claim, so you need to seek legal advice as soon as possible after an accident. To discuss your personal injury, auto accident or wrongful death matter with a knowledgeable Indianapolis lawyer, contact Charlie Ward online or call 317-639-9501. We offer free initial consultations and are available to speak with you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

What constitutes a valid personal injury case?

Any time you suffer injuries as the result of the negligence of others, you may have the right to recover compensation for your injuries and associated expenses. While auto, trucking, and motorcycle accidents typically represent the most common type of personal injury situations, virtually any situation qualifies, such as injuries from dangerous products, unsafe premises, aviation and railroad accidents, toxic situations like asbestos exposure, and medical malpractice.

Back to Top

What can I say to others at the accident scene?
Unless you sustain severe injuries, you usually must remain at the accident scene to exchange contact and insurance information and talk to police. However focus your statements on the business at hand, and never admit any degree of fault.

Back to Top

Can I file a claim if my actions contributed to cause my injuries?
As long as the negligence of one or more other parties also contributed to your injuries, you can often pursue compensation, but Indiana comparative negligence law reduces the amount you can recover by the degree to which your negligence contributed to your injuries. Also,  if your own actions make you more than 50 percent at fault, the law prohibits you from pursuing damages from other at-fault parties. Any degree of fault can bar you from collecting damages in a medical malpractice claim.

Back to Top

After an accident should I see a doctor for minor injuries?
If you sustain little more than minor cuts and contusions, you may not require medical attention. However keep in mind that some serious conditions, such as head injuries and whiplash often do not reveal themselves immediately. Seeking medical attention helps ensure you receive an immediate diagnosis and medical attention that can make a difference to your recovery. And a visit to an Indianapolis doctor often provides vital medical evidence that can help you recover compensation for your injuries.

Back to Top

Do I need a lawyer for an Indianapolis personal injury claim?
It costs nothing to talk to an attorney at Ward & Ward to obtain guidance about your claim. Depending on various aspects of your situation, we may provide valuable advice on how to file an insurance claim on your own. However many clients benefit from our experienced support in negotiating an out-of-court settlement with opposing attorneys or even taking your case to court.

Back to Top

Free Consultation


    Client Review

    “I would highly recommend Charlie Ward and his team. He directed my family through a couple of very difficult times. He never failed to answer the phone when I called. His staff is wonderful as well. They are knowledgeable, professional and kind.”
    Phyllis Bolton
    Client Review

    Car Accident Lawyer Indianapolis | Car Accident Attorney Indianapolis | Personal Injury Lawyer Indianapolis | Call Today - 317-639-9501