Indianapolis Personal Injury Claim Law Firm
If you were injured due to someone else’s negligence, you should speak to a lawyer from an Indianapolis, IN personal injury claim law firm. You may be entitled to compensation. A lawyer can help you file a timely claim against the negligent party and ensure your legal rights are protected.
Common Types of Personal Injury Cases
A personal injury case occurs when a person gets hurt because of someone else’s carelessness. Here are some of the most common types of personal injury cases:
- Car Accidents: Car accidents account for a large percentage of personal injury cases. All drivers are expected to act responsibly on the road and may cause an accident if they don’t obey the rules. Some of the most common causes of car accidents are speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving, tailgating and fatigued driving. To win a car accident claim, you have to prove that the defendant was acting negligently and that negligence caused your injuries.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Property owners are responsible for making sure their premises are safe for others. If they fail to address a dangerous condition and someone has a slip and fall accident, they may be held legally responsible. Common causes of slip and fall accidents include liquid spills, loose rugs, clutter, poor lighting and icy sidewalks.
- Medical Malpractice: When people go see a doctor for an injury or illness, they naturally expect to come out feeling better. Unfortunately, as a personal injury attorney Indianapolis IN residents trust can confirm, this doesn’t always happen. Doctors are human and can make mistakes, causing injuries in their patients. Common types of medical malpractice include surgical errors, misdiagnosis, medication errors and anesthesia errors. To have a successful medical malpractice case, it must be proven that the doctor failed to deliver standard care and that negligence resulted in the injury.
- Dog Bites: Dog owners are legally responsible for keeping their dogs under control at all times. If they don’t and someone gets bitten as a result, the owner could be financially responsible for the damages. Dog bites can result in permanent scarring, emotional injuries and expensive medical bills.
- Product Liability: Product manufacturers are responsible for ensuring their products are safe for the public to use. If they don’t do this, people are at risk of getting seriously injured. Almost any consumer product can be defective, from automobiles to swing sets.
Filing a Lawsuit
If you suffered an injury because of another party’s carelessness, talk to a lawyer from an Indianapolis personal injury claim law firm about filing a lawsuit. He or she can help you gather evidence and identify key witnesses for a successful claim.
If you are the victim of a personal injury accident, you should schedule a consultation with a lawyer from an Indianapolis personal injury claim law at Ward & Ward Law Firm firm today.