Compensation for deserving families or injured victims of a trucking accident
Trucking accidents or 18 wheeler accidents impact lives on a large scale and have lasting consequences. When negligence is involved, injured victims deserve full compensation for medical treatment, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Insurance companies may be quick to initiate a truck accident settlement in Indiana. However, it is essential to consult with an experienced truck accident attorney in Indianapolis, IN before accepting any settlement offers or you may risk settling for much less than you deserve.
Because of their size, commercial trucks accidents cause greater personal injuries and deaths
Hands down, big trucks are the most dangerous vehicles on the Indiana highways and roadways. Roughly 500,000 accidents each year involve trucks. Because of the massive size and weight of the big rig and the dangerous loads they often carry, truck accidents cause significantly more severe injuries and deaths — about 100,000 and 5,000 respectively—in the United States every year.
Possible factors of a tractor-trailer accident claim
Many of the accidents trucks cause are the result of a lethal mixture of these factors:
- Exhaustion from long hauls
- The truck’s inability to quickly respond in an emergency because of the truck’s size, longer braking distance, more difficult maneuverability, and driver visibility
- Inadequate maintenance conducted by the trucking company or driver
- Inadequate driver training or records reviews by the trucking company, which result in dangerous or poorly prepared fleet drivers
No two Indiana truck accidents are the same. How much your truck accident settlement is worth depends on a number of factors including:
- The extent of injuries
- How your injuries impact your life and livelihood
- Where the accident claim is filed
- The ability of your attorney to present a compelling case
A law firm with experience negotiating and settling truck accident claims in Indiana. If the insurance company won’t give you a fair settlement, we will take your case to trial for the best possible result.
At Ward & Ward Law Firm, our lawyers interview clients, eye witnesses, police and expert witnesses to get to the facts. We leverage our experience in trucking accident lawsuits to obtain the best settlements possible for Indiana truck accident victims and their families.
Call Charlie Ward today at 317-639-9501 for the best settlement possible if you or someone you know has been injured or killed in a truck accident.