Indianapolis Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Whether you bike for fun, for sport or to commute, bicycling is an enjoyable, “green” way to get around. With miles of accessible bike lanes in Indianapolis and Marion County, energy conservationists have an easier — and presumably safer — time cycling in the city. However, careless motorists still pose a serious threat to bike riders’ health and well-being; a collision could cause and catastrophic injuries or even death.
Not all cycling accidents are caused by motorized vehicles. Cyclists are also injured because of poor surface maintenance, faulty engineering, inadequate or non-existent signs.
If your bicycle is crashed as the result of driver negligence, your bike accident lawyer may make a claim of compensation for the following damages:
Economic Damages – economic damages include compensation for monetary losses that are quantitatively measured and objectively verifiable such as:
- Property damage – includes cost to repair or replace your bicycle, loss or damage to personal property
- Injuries – including, but not limited to brain and spinal cord injuries, etc.
- Medical bills – these may include ambulance, emergency room (ER), emergency room physicians and radiologists, imaging, hospital, surgery, rehab, physical therapy, etc.
- Lost wages – loss of wages and/or future earning capacity (expert consulting witnesses may be employed to formulate a reliable and trustworthy monetary value)
Non-Economic Damages – unverifiable and subjective losses for harms and may include:
- Pain and suffering – including chronic severe pain and physical trauma, disfigurement, loss of enjoyment of life, etc.
- Loss of consortium – this is a claim that may be made by your spouse for loss of companionship or affection
- Death of a loved one – this is a claim that might be brought by a spouse, child or other family member of the deceased person
Choose a firm experienced with bicycle accident cases
Cycling becomes very dangerous when bike riders share the roads with cars, trucks, and motorcycles. Even with the addition of bike lanes and right of way laws, many drivers are reckless around bicycles. Many motor vehicle drivers do not notice bicycles, which leads to many cyclists being severely injured in bicycle crashes. Ward & Ward Law Firm is dedicated to helping bike accident victims obtain just compensation for pain and suffering, medical expenses, and other accident related expenses.
Ward & Ward Law Firm understand bicycle accidents could possibly result in serious injuries; damage that could require costly medical procedures, therapy, and even long-term medical care. Bicycle injuries may be similar to motorcycle accident injuries as bicycle accident victims have very little to protect them during an encounter with another vehicle or crash. Victims tend to suffer from broken bones, head trauma, internal injuries, crushed limbs, spinal cord injuries, and even death.
An Indianapolis personal injury attorney from Ward & Ward Law Firm will make sure that you receive the fair compensation you deserve to pay for expenses resulting from injuries. If you or a loved one has been injured in a bicycle accident in or around Indianapolis, or anywhere in the state of Indiana, contact attorney Charlie Ward to learn more about your rights. Call Charlie today at 317-639-9501 for an evaluation of your case.
By Charlie Ward