Ward & Ward Civil Service Excellence Scholarship Award | Fall 2019
*Note – This scholarship Award has ended.
*See Current Scholarship: Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Scholarship – November 2021
At Ward & Ward Law Firm, we have dedicated our law practice of personal injury lawyers in Indianapolis, IN to helping people in need get the justice they deserve. We also know how important it is to transfer those same values into supporting and improving our community.
With that in mind, we are excited to offer a scholarship to help support the education of a student who shares these same values, works to promote civil service in their communities and is as passionate about helping people who are in need as we are.
- This scholarship is open to any student who is currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate, graduate, or professional program in the United States. This includes accredited community college students as well as high school seniors and students who possess a GED who have been accepted to or are enrolled in an accredited program.
- The scholarship applicant must be dedicated to civil service and promoting equality and able to demonstrate this commitment via their essay response.
- All eligible candidates must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00 or above.
Essay Prompt & Questions
Respond to the following in an essay of 1,000 words or less:
- Describe a situation or time that influenced you or served as a pivot point for your dedication to your community.
- Since this time, what have you done to help build your community and promote equality?
- In what ways will your education help you continue civil service and community building in the future?
- Updated resume
- Essay, 1,000 word maximum. See essay questions above.
- Current unofficial transcript
Submission Deadline: July 15, 2019
All application materials must be submitted by this date
Award Announcement: August, 2019
Scholarship Amount: $1,000
Scholarship applicants must submit all application materials (see above) by email to: